||Certified Personal Financial Counselor
||Standard Office Hours
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company's reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence
and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders’ employees support clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong
passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
The Personal Financial Counselor (PFC) program is seeking qualified individuals to work full-time with Service Members and their families on personal financial issues such as budget planning, credit management and debt reduction, as well as retirement and
estate planning. These full-time positions are located on military installations throughout the continental Unites States and selected overseas locations.
The majority of Service Members and their families will require financial counseling and education to assist with establishing a basic level of financial literacy, good financial behavior and habits, long term financial planning to include retirement planning.
The PFCs will be responsible for:
- Face-to-Face financial counseling: PFCs support and educate individuals and families to help address specific needs, including provision of appropriate resource referrals.
- Financial briefings: Facilitate briefings designed to promote awareness and educate Service Members and their families on various personal finance topics. PFCs facilitate requested briefings using a library of approved presentations and handouts on a variety
of financial topics.
- Resource table: PFCs perform outreach and engage event attendees in conversations about setting financial goals, guidance to appropriate resources, as well as discussions on all areas of personal finance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 3+ years of experience in financial counseling or education.
- A national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC) OR Certified Financial Planner (CFP) OR Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC).
- Counselors shall maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- A criminal history background check that includes a credit check, education and employment verification as well as an FBI fingerprint check are required to work in this program.
- Previous military experience (including military spouses and/or as a service provider)
- Ability to travel up to 10% including some weekends with advanced notice.
- Ability to facilitate financial workshops and trainings to large groups and ability to tailor presentations to audiences as needed.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
- Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local resources.
- Understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for Service members and their family members.
- Ability to develop trusting helping relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to use sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense. Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate financial needs of individuals and families.
Other Skills and Abilities: All positions that require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship, and reliable transportation to travel to assigned locations and nearby facilities.
Physical Demands: Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend