||Work and Family Life Consultant
||Standard Office Hours
Work and Family Life Consultants provide one-on-one consultation, information and referral, classroom training, workshops and seminars in support of the education and training component of Fleet and Family Support Program (FFSP) programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related behavioral science field OR a combination of social science education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree OR Four years’ equivalent experience
- Experience making presentations and facilitating training for large and small groups
This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems. U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver's license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This position may require overseas travel and training delivery at sea in support of the Return and Reunion Program.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend