||Church and Community Engagement Manager
World Relief Spokane seeks an experienced, well-organized, and strategic-minded leader to spearhead our local efforts to mobilize churches and the broader community in joining our mission: to stand with the vulnerable. This position with work closely with the
Director of WR Spokane to create and implement strategies for church mobilization, marketing and fundraising, media and public relations, and volunteer coordination.
• Serve as a member of the WR Spokane Management team, providing input in crucial decision-making processes with the Director and other managers
• Train and lead the Church and Community Engagement (CCE) team, including creating new vision and strategic plans.
• Supervise Church Mobilizer position, Public Relations Specialist, Volunteer Coordinator, and CCE interns and volunteers.
• Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator to create and implement a strategy for sustainable volunteer recruitment and involvement in the mission of WR Spokane
• Provide training and support for volunteers on an as needed basis
• Oversee and participate in the Refugee Simulation program
Public Relations/ Marketing/ Media
• Work closely with Public Relations Specialist to create and implement strategies for communicating our mission to the local community
• Regular public speaking at churches, schools, and public events
• Plan and oversee events and marketing efforts
• Ensure consistency of brand and message across internal and external communication and marketing channels
• Determine and manage annual budgets for CCE Department as well as specific projects in conjunction with WR Spokane Director and finance officer.
• Develop and implement strategic plans for fundraising in collaboration with local and national WR staff
• Plan, execute, and evaluate strategic fundraising initiatives
• Donor relations cultivation
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university in a relevant field (business, journalism, communication)
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing project start-up and expansions
• 5-8 years of experience in the following areas:
- Managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training
- Staff and program management
- Fundraising and public relations
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting), and procurement
- Previous experience managing programs that include 20+ volunteers
• Outstanding organization, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Office and Outlook, as well as ability to create and manage data
• Strong analytical capacity
• Previous experience working in a cross-cultural context (e.g. overseas)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status,
parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious
beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
||Send This Job to a Friend