||Staff Accountant - Corporate Finance
||Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Corporate Finance Supervisor
The position will be responsible for review and processing of monthly financial information, monitoring compliance with World Relief’s financial policies and procedures, donor regulations, and account analysis and reconciliations as required.
• Coordinate cash receipts of grants, contributions, and miscellaneous income.
• Prepare daily deposit tickets and deposit money into the local concentration account.
• Prepare bank reconciliations for certain accounts.
• Update deposit log daily.
• Prepare daily income recognition journal entries.
• Update weekly cash flow worksheet.
• Maintain master bank account list and signatory cards.
• Maintain banking relationship
• Prepare monthly invoices and record cash receipts for affiliate receivables.
• Coordinate the corporate accounts receivable process.
• Serve as a back-up for the AP and Payroll functions.
• Manage the property and liability insurance process and corporate relations therein.
• Support the legal team with State Filing request processing.
• Provide support to unit and departmental team-based projects as they arise.
• Provide support, as needed for headquarters audit(s) and local office audits.
Principal working relationships: Works constantly with the Managers and accountants responsible for US, international, and corporate accounting, and with those in donor services that provide the input data for private income as well as the insurance brokers.
Also works closely with the bank and assists the Corporate Finance Supervisor in maintaining the banking relationship.
Work involves discussion & resolution of transactional issues, but may also involve discussion of policy and work flow. Works with all Finance Managers on overall policy and systems issues.
||Knowledge, skills and abilities: Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in accounting, accounting cycle management, financial statements and analysis, and the financial audit process.
General knowledge of non-profit and fund accounting principles is preferred.
Knowledge of the general working of Windows-based general ledger accounting system and financial report writers.
Ability to work with a multi-dimensional accounting system, such as a fund accounting system.
Ability to maintain a physical filing system and an organized computer filing system, including systematic archiving of old data.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, but knowing when to seek additional assistance or authorization.
Ability to work diplomatically with managers to obtain support for change.
Skill at managing a workload with a high volume of transactions.
Skill at completing numerous tasks on a deadline despite interruptions.
Skill at working with managers without an accounting background to request information and give directions.
Good oral and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate by phone or by e-mail with people for whom English is not their first language.
• Four-year accounting or business degree with GPA equivalent to 3.0 or greater in a 4.0 system
• Associate degree or lower GPA acceptable if there is more than three years of direct work experience
• Working experience with more than one automated accounting system and financial report writing system
• High level of office software skills particularly Excel; database experience helpful
• General office setting. Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering data through computer keyboard & mouse, retrieving documents from printer, standing at copier or fax machine, and frequent attaching and removing staples.
Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
• Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
• Normal office setting
• Equipment used
• Personal computer (desktop or laptop), calculator, printer, fax, and copier.
• All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This
job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
Legal Background in the United States World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status,
parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious
beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
||Send This Job to a Friend