||JOB SUMMARY: Support team members in completing daily changeovers by performing the following duties according to established VEKA standards. These standards enable us to provide a quality product/service to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
1. Adhere to VEKA safety and quality standards
2. Efficiently prepare extrusion lines for production applications, which include the following tasks:
-Exchange calibration and downstream tanks
-Clean water filters on lines leading to pumps
-Setup weather strip insertion tooling and nail-fin punches
-Exchange puller blocks
3. Work directly with team members in driving continuous improvement initiatives that pertain to changeovers
4. Ensure the recording of accurate data through BDE database to drive performance and key decisions
5. Conduct visual inspection of finished changeover
6. Maintain housekeeping of assigned work area at all times
1. Assist startup crew with related job functions according to established standards, when needed.
2. All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Mechanical Aptitude, Organizing, Verbal Communication, Working Under Pressure, Drive & Initiative, Flexibility, Timeliness, Ability to Setup Precision Tooling to be used in a Production Process, Knowledge of the Continuous
Improvement Process, Works Well with Team Members and Other Groups
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: GED, High School Education, or Previous Work Experience. Must be able to obtain and hold a valid VEKA forklift and crane license.