Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The Princeville Resort
A sous chef with SH Hotels & Resorts assists the Executive Sous Chef and the Executive Chef in providing leadership, direction and motivation to the culinary team, ensuring the successful execution of daily department operations and that consistent, high quality product is produced, while continually improving guest satisfaction, financials goals, overall success of the operation.
• Provide management support to the overall culinary operation in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef, overseeing all culinary functions
• Provide support to culinary subordinates utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity, and lead by example;
• Adhere to all health, safety and sanitation standards, ensuring all regulations are being met and held to the highest standards
• Providing input in determining how food should be presented and create innovative, attractive food displays.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members and are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standard.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Review guest comments, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas for improvement. Respond to and handle guest opportunities and challenges.
• Train department team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance. Empower team members to deliver the ultimate guest experience. Observe team member service behaviors and provide ongoing feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We also participate in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Send This Job to a Friend