About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and
abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s
first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community
and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper,
richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different
plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Houseperson works effectively as part of the Banquets Team. Primarily responsible for, but not limited to, completion of all tasks related to set-up and break-down of china, glass, silver, linen, tables, chairs and props for events as well as fulfilling
guest needs and requests.
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic
service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Consistently conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and work professionally with colleagues and team leaders with a team minded approach.
• Attend pre-shift meetings before events to learn event details, including property and guest • Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Collect and transport all supplies needed for the set-up of an event including, but not limited to, silver, china, linen, glassware, condiments, etc. Set up for events by putting out place settings, arranging table placement, per event and property standards.
• Set-up, breakdown of tables, chairs, buffets, linen and props as specified by the Banquet Event Order.
• Respond to and fulfill any special event arrangements.
• Stock linen, china, silver and glassware and supplies for service ensuring good condition.
• Maintain cleanliness and good condition of all banquet function space, including but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, window washing, polishing, mopping, etc.
• Retrieve and track event materials, décor, props, crates and boxes from delivery or drop off area and store them safely and securely. Retrieve these items from storage area when needed.
• Work professionally with colleagues and supervisors.
• Maintain all event equipment, chairs, tables, podiums, etc.
• Maintain all event linen. • Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station, back of house, storage and service areas practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents. Break down
and remove any boxes and packaging used to unpack supplies and equipment related to banquet events. Return any service carts used to transport supplies and equipment to proper location.
• Perform post event cleaning tasks and breakdown of service. Ensure all tables and chairs are set and the event room is clean and neat, returning all food and beverage items, and supplies to the proper area, prior to checking out with the leader on duty
and finishing the shift and departing.
• Assist with room turns to complete the set up for events including tables, chairs, etc.
• Maintain high standards of presentation, service, event supply quality, safety and cleanliness.
• Input real-time work orders via HotSOS on any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in HotSOS any and all guest opportunities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential