Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Staff Accountant - LA Corporate Office
The Staff Account is responsible for the reporting and reconciliation of daily revenues between various systems for multiple properties. This position maintains records, resolves discrepancies, reviews settlements, verifies information and monitors procedures to ensure compliance with Accounting procedures.
• Ensure all room, food & beverage, other outlet revenue is properly accumulated and recorded in the guest ledger, city ledger and general ledger.
• Ensure settlements posted in PMS/POS system balance to the actual cash and credit card deposits.
• Ensure Room revenues in the PMS systems are properly and completely mapped to the general ledger chart of accounts so that market segment information is properly captured.
• Food cover counts are reconciled and reviewed for reasonableness against average check amounts.
• Ensure POS and PMS systems balance to each other as per the system design.
• Ensure all telephone, movie, and other such revenues are properly reconciled to the interfacing system.
• Distribution of daily revenue, income statement and labor reports.
• Recommend improvements to the process as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
• Other duties as assigned
• Special projects and other functions as required by manager.
• Assist with accounts payable as needed.
• Assist with Payroll as needed.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a private club environment, accounting or hospitality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Strong Organization Skills
• A good understanding of financial operating systems and procedures.
SH Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Send This Job to a Friend