About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and
abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s
first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community
and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper,
richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different
plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
A partner to the Director of Front Office in providing leadership and direction to the Front Office team. Responsible for all activities related to the Front Office department with a concentration on providing the highest standards of courteous service while
permitting acceptable profit levels. This roles maintains and encourages a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
• Review VIP reservations, amenity orders, and resumes for incoming and in-house guests. Update the computer system by inputting inventory and non-inventory groups. Communicate with other departments to ensure proper handling of guests and groups. Maintain
contact with Reservations Service regarding requests for suites, special accommodations, etc. Maintain control over rate changes on in-house guests.
• Compute daily payroll, schedules, and other reports. Analyze data and make decisions based on previous experience and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and departures.
• Perform front desk supervisor duties, such as. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Count cash and other methods of payment at the end of the shift to verify
and balance the house bank.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate
results. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Administration of disciplinary procedures. Monitor lobby traffic and makes staffing adjustments accordingly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential