Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Director - Sales
About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
A partner to the Director of Sales & Marketing in providing leadership and direction to the Sales & Marketing team. Responsible for all activities related to the sales function and revenue generation from corporations with a concentration on traditional vertical market segments which can include insurance, finance, legal, consumer products, automotive, retail, consulting, etc. This position will oversee all group sales for these industries. Focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives and personal booking goals.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Target and win over business via outside sales calls, hosting site inspections, client entertainment, presentations, familiarization trips, and sales trips, cold calling and emailing, networking, attending industry and association events. Prospect, solicit and close new business as well as maintain repeat client’s needs and maximize revenues. Handle all major events and VIP clients.
• Responsible for achieving individual and team revenue goals by developing and executing a sales strategy to prospect and solicit new accounts and further develop existing accounts.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings). Attend departmental and sales meetings to review activity and performance.
• Responsible for all phases of the sales process from lead generation, signed contracts, client changes, guarantees, set-ups, bill collection, payment confirmation, and rebooking.
• Prepare periodic sales reports and updates and manage the Sales & Marketing budget.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Coach departmental and sales managers to ensure goal and plan achievement.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
• Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Recruit and select talented leaders and team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Train team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent.
Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 4 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Extensive hotel sales experience within the luxury market; demonstrated strong leadership and selling skills; and proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Must possess strong presentation skills, exceptional follow-up capabilities and a strong business development acumen.
• Requires strong time management skills.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities, a flexible, dynamic and positive demeanor.
• Must function optimally in a team environment and possess strength in strategic planning.
• Well versed in Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Sales & Marketing operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
Some benefits of working with us 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
• Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
• Enliven the cause by storytelling to guests on sustainable features, following food waste management protocol & recommending menu items with least environmental impact.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send This Job to a Friend