||ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional
information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive
your passion for nature such as:
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel - our hotel was built in Brooklyn Bridge Park
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Financial security - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Career advancement, in-house training, education assistance.
Work effectively as part of the Front of House service team to provide efficient and courteous Front Desk service. Primarily responsible for, but not limited to, fulfilling guest service needs and completion of all tasks related to creating the ultimate guest
arrival, in-house and departure experience; providing accurate and timely information and services to any guest or visitor inquiry; processing payments according to established hotel procedure; and responding to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding
reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Check in and check out guests and handle guest concerns.
• Make reservation and update reservation changes, additions, and cancellations; as well as basic accounting for guest folios.
• Maintain and uphold all 1 Hotel standards, while providing guests' with a superior guest service experience.
• Multi-task and handle guest complaints in a professional manner.
• Excellent communication skills and computer skills (MS Office) are required.
• Greet and escort guests promptly to their rooms, eloquently suggest appropriate, personalized recommendations of the property based on the distinctness of the guest and purpose for the visit.
• Handle cash drawer properly as outlined in the 1 Hotels house bank/cashier contract.
• Count issued bank at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure at all times that amounts are correct. Overages and shortages must be reported to Finance.
• Handle all credit card and cash transactions according to 1 Hotels Cash Handling Procedures.
• Communicate clearly with the Night Auditor and Accounting Department, including accurately posting transactions and maintaining paperwork according to standard.
• Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with and assisting colleagues as needed.
• Address special guest preferences recorded in guest history profiles, ensure any learned preferences are properly recorded in accordance with 1 Hotels standards.
• Stay current with developments and procedures in the hotel by attending daily front office rallies and reviewing the front office communications pass-ons daily.
• Knowledge of and able to provide general information regarding events in Brooklyn and New York City during guest stay including restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theatres, and attractions.
• Make several personalized recommendations for dining, including the describing in-house menus.
• Describe the essence and unique features of the spa and workout facilities.
• Handle all guest challenges with care and concern. Empathize and keep the guest’s perspective in mind, responding urgently and appropriately, including immediate notification of the duty manager or the next available manager.
• Be able to offer alternatives to guests and colleagues, instead of saying "no."
• Arrange fulfillment of guest services by working with the fellow team members including but not limited to Hive Agents, Concierge, Housekeeping, Reservations, and In Room Dining colleagues.
• Handle guest incoming and outgoing correspondence, (facsimile, messages, mail, etc.).
• Perform rotational phone coverage in the Hive/Call Center, acting as call center agent for a full shift.
• Escort guests to their rooms in full compliance with property policies and standards, including non-solicitation of gratuity policy.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic
service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency
and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary and guest information.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
Reports to the Front of House Manager and Director of Front Office of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous related guest service experience dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Fluent in oral and written English and excellent overall communication skills.
• Must have vision ability to read written communiques and monochrome computer screen.
• Must have hand and finger dexterity to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
• Highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
• 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to effectively cope with change, handle risk and uncertainty comfortably, ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice while being composed under pressure. Doesn’t show frustration when dealing with upset guests or team members.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Genuinely cares about people, demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.