||About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and
abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s
first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community
and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper,
richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different
plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Server/Runner is primarily responsible for working effectively as part of the In Room Dining service team. Fulfilling guest service needs and completion of all tasks related to prep, set-up, service, bussing, table retrieval, breakdown, and side duties
of amenities and In Room Dining Service.
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic
service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Responsible for set-up, delivery, refresh, and presentation of all guest amenities.
• Collect and transport all supplies needed for the shift including, but not limited to, silver, china, linen, glassware, condiments, etc. Set up for deliveries by putting out place settings, arranging table placement, per property standards.
• Transport all liquor, wine, beer, soda, juice, condiments, non-food items and glassware to the set-up area.
• Prepare and set up tables, back-of-house areas, carts, and stations to ensure execution of daily service. Set tables according to service standards. Prepare proper “mise-en-place” (i.e. food side duties included but not limited to slicing fruit or preparing
garnishment for beverages or plates).
• Answer guest questions from Guest Service Team on menu selection and/or ingredients. Must have complete knowledge of service time, menu, and daily specials.
• Record transaction in point of sale system at time of order.
• Communicate guest orders and additional meal requirements, menu questions, length of wait, re-fire orders, allergies, dietary needs, product availability and special requests to the kitchen.
• Retrieve completed food/beverage orders from kitchen, bar or outlet
• Make drinks according to standard recipes using the proper glassware and garnishment.
• Respond to and fulfill any special guest arrangements.
• Confirm accuracy of order and deliver items in a timely fashion. Serve food and beverage to guests.
• When serving beverages, abide by all state, federal and local liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and guests.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with delivered food and beverage.
• Present physical and accurate check to guest, process payment and follow cash handling procedures.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of in room dining areas, guest hallways and service landings practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents. Break down and remove any boxes and packaging
used to unpack supplies and equipment related to in room dining. Return any service carts used to transport supplies and equipment to proper location.
• Process food and beverage checks for guests as well as accurately close these accounts out.
• Responsible for picking up trays and tables from guestrooms, hallways and landings and bus them by removing and separating tableware, dishes, glassware and flatware.
• Perform end of shift cleaning and restocking tasks and breakdown of service. Ensure all tables are properly set and the in room dining area is clean and neat, returning and restocking all food and beverage items, condiments, and supplies to the proper area,
prior to checking out with the leader on duty and finishing the shift and departing. Focus on attention to details when bussing and clearing food & beverage and associated equipment and supplies.
• Maintain high standards of food product, portion control, presentation, service, in room dining supply quality, safety and cleanliness.
• Follow all cash handling procedures.
• Input real-time work orders in the system and any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in the system any and all guest opportunities
Some benefits of working with us 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
• Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
• Enliven the cause by storytelling to guests on sustainable features, following food waste management protocol & recommending menu items with least environmental impact.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential