Work effectively as part of the Outlet service team, primarily responsible for, but not limited to, fulfilling guest service needs and completion of all tasks related to supporting bartenders and servers in maintaining overall cleanliness and organization of
the outlet bar and performing side duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic
service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Consistently conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and work professionally with colleagues and team leaders with a team minded approach.
• Attend pre-shift meetings to learn shift details, including property and guest expectations.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Complete side work duties and follow station assignment.
• Maintain cleanliness of bar and station and ensure bar is stocked with supplies, glassware, ice, etc.
• Carry dirty dishes and perform scullery (scraping dishes) from bar area to stewarding.
• Clean and polish service supplies.
• Respond to and fulfill any special guest arrangements.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with delivered food and beverage.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of work areas practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents.
• Maintain highest standard of beverage product and bar sanitation, storage and handling procedures.
• Adhere to no solicitation of gratuities policy.
• Complete requisitions/orders for liquors, beverages and supplies.
• Stock bar with supplies and arrange bottles and glasses according to standard.
• Prepare garnishes such as slicing/pitting fruit and batching herbs for drinks.
• Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Input real-time work orders via HotSOS and any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in HotSOS any and all guest opportunities.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency
and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
Reports to Outlet leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous food and beverage service experience.
• Excellent communication and listening skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English with service team and present specific culinary and wine information to guests. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members and
ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, menus, amenity lists, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to write legibly (ie taking orders, tracking).
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable.
• Must possess a high quality, detailed and service work ethic.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow all food and safety regulations and property standards.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Carry trays up to 25 pounds with one hand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers; to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, taste & smell. The team member is frequently required to walk, kneel, or crouch
and must possess the ability to stand for long periods (more than 8 hours).
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
• Food Handling Certificate
• TIPs Certification