||About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
The Cook is primarily responsible for completion of all tasks related to preparation, cooking and garnishing of food for events or outlets in accordance with property standards, recipes and adhering to all food safety and sanitation regulations.
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Consistently conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and work professionally with colleagues and team leaders with a team minded approach.
• Prepare and set up station to ensure execution of daily service. Collect and transport all supplies needed for the shift and set up of station including, but not limited to food product, equipment and supplies, etc.
• Prepare menu items according to property and brand standards and recipes established by culinary leadership team.
• Alter menu items to accommodate guests’ dietary needs or preferences as requested.
• Follow food preparation production schedule.
• Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables and fruits to include: Wash, peel, cut and seed vegetables and fruits; Weigh and measure ingredients; Methods of combination: stir, mix, whip, bread, etc.; Cook: steam, sauté, fry, bake, roast, braise, boil, poach, broil; Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling.
• Lift and move equipment to and from work station, stove, refrigerator, etc.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of work area, station, equipment and utensils before, during and after shift, ensuring par levels of ingredients and equipment are available and practicing “clean as you go.” Maintain prep work throughout shift.
• Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
• Execution of proficient knife skills.
• Use of a variety of culinary equipment including but not limited to the following equipment: pasta maker; tilting steam kettle; tilting braising skillet; pressureless steamer; deep fryer; mobile, rotary and convention ovens; griddles; burners; salamander; buffalo chopper; electric mixers; electric slicers; bain marie heaters; scales; wok.
• Adhere to and maintain all food storage and handling procedures.
• Adhere to and maintain all food quality and nutritional standards.
• Perform technical culinary food production, portion control and service standards.
• Attend pre-shift meetings before events to learn shift details, including property and guest expectations.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Perform end of shift cleaning and restocking tasks and breakdown of station. Return all food and beverage items, and supplies to the proper area and ensure work area is clean and neat, prior to finishing the shift and departing.
• Communicate with colleagues when taking over and finishing each shift.
• Maintain high standards of presentation, culinary supply quality, safety and cleanliness.
• Use proper kitchen safety protocols in regards to food preparation (storage, transportation, preparation, etc) and equipment usage.
• Input real-time work orders in the system and any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in the system any and all guest opportunities.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgment, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.