||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Responsibilities include activities related to billing, collection and receipt of payments for guest and city ledger accounts. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining manual and computer records of receipts and receivables; assisting in
the preparation of various reports produced by the department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares billing invoices and statements for City Ledger direct bill accounts, group reservation block attrition and credit card guaranteed no shows; processes payments received.
• Handles third party Tour and Travel account billings, matching payment vouchers to respective folios prior to mailing.
• Handles guest credit requests, confirms subsequent receipt of invoices and assists in handling all guest inquiries.
• Maintains files of hard copy, back up documentation for outstanding receivables, and paid bills.
• In line with 1 Hotels ethos’, promote ways to reduce use of paper and printing whereas possible.
• Researches and responds to credit card company inquiries and charge backs, documents and maintains files for same.
• Reviews Guest Ledger/checked out folios with outstanding or credit balances to determine if credit or bill is to be issued.
• Prepares check request for credit balance and advance deposit refunds.
• Assists in the preparation and balancing of accounts receivable recap daily.
• Handles disputed charges, researches and attempts to resolve disputes, provides documentation to confirm accuracy of billing or issues credit as needed.
• Assists in the preparation of 30/60/90+ day aging report for review by Director of Finance.
• Assists in the preparation and transmittal of letters requesting payment to outstanding/overdue accounts.
• Assists Credit Manager by making collection calls to outstanding/overdue accounts.
• Attends departmental meetings as required to communicate effectively with other accounting personnel to ensure that they are kept current with pertinent hotel information, rates, promotions, packages, activities and events.
• Perform the duties as directed by the Director of Finance.
Reports to the Credit Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Two years experience in Accounting, thorough understanding of Front Office operations.
• Strong Level of Proficiency in Excel.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Works well under pressure, and is able to multi-task and stay focused.
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
• Hotel experience in night audit and/or cashiering preferred.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance