||Director - Engineering
||1 Hotel West Hollywood
||About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and
abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s
first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community
and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper,
richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different
plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for maintaining the entire hotel and F&B facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative
maintenance programs. As a Director of Engineering you will be responsible for genuinely supervising and coordinating the activities of the engineering staff engaged in maintaining and repairing the physical structure of the building promptly and efficiently
to the required standard.
• Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
• Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
• Is intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job performance, and is able to find guest centric solutions.
• Keeps departmental budget under the direction of the General Manager
• Keeps a file of all equipment repairs and vendors that have service equipment.
• Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in a secure area, keeps inventories and issues purchase orders when supplies need to be ordered
• Understand OSHA requirements as they relate to the hotel and chemical storage as per OSHA
• Attends any meetings or training sessions/courses as required
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately and immediately
• Fully understands the hotel’s Emergency Plan. Follows emergency procedures to provide for security and safety of guests and employees
• Develops implements and monitors a preventive maintenance program of all building equipment and guestrooms
• Coordinates the maintenance, repair, and installation of all assigned work through vendors and contracted work and provides status to General Manager
• Ensures the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all property mechanical & electrical systems and plumbing
• Gets proposals for emergency repairs and projects and works with vendors and contractors to ensure proper completion of contracted projects. Manages regular maintenance contracts.
• Conducts routine inspections and walk through of all hotel rooms and public areas
• Maintains effective Energy Management. Continuously looks for energy efficient solutions
• Continuously evaluates the performance of engineering staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
• Ensures local law compliance such as per State and Local laws and building codes
• Submits requisition for needed supplies in line with forecast and budget and outside services for approval
• Rectifies any building, code, or fire violations
• Ensures renovation projects are going smoothly by assisting construction team on projects.
• Effectively balances demands from hotel providing a positive work environment that fosters a seamless and cohesive team.
• Leads the property Fire Safety program.
• Conducts regular departmental meetings
• Conducts and/or approves associates 90-day and annual performance reviews
• Communicates with other departments; Front Office, Housekeeping, Restaurant, and Banquets to ensure any outstanding guest issues have been resolved
• Ensures that associates uphold all services, procedures and communication standards as outlined by Standard Operating Procedures
• Administers required associate reference guide practices such as performance and aptitude reviews
• Performs miscellaneous duties and assists General Manager, Assistant General Manager as directed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
||• Strong Oral and written communication skills
• Planning and organizational ability with attention to detail
• Able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and 10 lbs. of force frequently.
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays when business needs dictates.
• Able to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree or related technical school degree preferred.
• Minimum of ten years experience (five years as Assistant DOE/Chief Engineer) in all aspects of engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience required
• Required property specific licenses.
• Experienced in managing an organized labor work force.
• Work with Energy Management
||Send This Job to a Friend