||Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of lounge areas, equipment, and dish ware for the bars. Provide support for bartenders and other members of the food & beverage team. Assist with receiving and properly stocking deliveries.
• Highest standard of beverage product and bar sanitation storage, and handling procedures.
• Beverage quality and portion control standards.
• Fresh ingredient, mixology, and beverage presentation and service standards.
• Follows labor schedule and work assignments.
• Knowledge of all daily events, times and locations.
• Thorough conversational knowledge of hotel history and statistics.
• Transports beverage requisitions from central purchasing to beverage storerooms.
• Assembles and issues outlet shift requisitions.
• Receives, restocks and reconciles product inventory.
• Stocks banquet bars with supplies: ice, cocktail napkins, stirrers, and garnishes.
• Strict adherence to uniform and grooming standards.
• Telephone answering.
• Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
• Enliven the cause by story telling to guests on hotel's sustainable features, following food waste management protocol & recommending menu items with least environmental impact.
• Directly reports to Beverage Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• One year certificate from technical bartender school;
• (or) Equivalent combination of on job training and experience.
• Clear fluent conversational English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Primary quality detailed service ethic.
• Strong interpersonal staff and guest relations.
• Team minded approach to fellow workers.
• Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at Central Park
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas like our Ivy Façade by AgroSci Green walls. This green wall on the exterior of the building rise three floors above ground level. There are over 8,000 individual
pots and over 24,000 individual plants. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
ABOUT JAMS RESTAURANT
Jams Restaurant, located in the 1 Hotel Central Park and led by James Beard award winning Chef Jonathan Waxman. Jams is based on the model of “California Cuisine” that is rooted in cultivating a safe relationship with the environment, with a committed focus
on local, sustainable and organic seasonal produce.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotel Central Park
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance.