||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Answers hotel telephone and directs calls appropriately to Hotel Guests and to specific departments. Clearly communicate with guests regarding hotel information and emergencies. Contacts hotel executives and city services in cases of emergency.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Answers calls originating from external and internal sources. Directs caller to appropriate extension or room. Verifies last name of guest for all room calls. Assists guests with directions or other requests. Directs hotel staff to assist guests, upon request.
Communicates to callers in a clear and concise manner. Inputs/writes messages using proper grammar and spelling. Verifies names and telephone numbers.
• Properly handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies for the guests and hotel. Works with hotel management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Appropriately documents all emergencies.
• Greets callers with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, responds with appropriate action and provides accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
• Promptly answers the telephone and web inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and tells other associates of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest.
• Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains
calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy resort activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by 1 Hotel South Beach from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the industry that we are in a need will occur for each associate to provide “Lateral Service”. Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing customer satisfaction and as a result there will be times when our associates in Operations will call upon us
for support in order to ensure customer satisfaction occurs.
When we are fortunate enough for this to occur, each associate will positively respond unless there is a chance that an opportunity resulting in dissatisfying a guest could occur. If this is the case the leader is to be notified and the level of support that
is being requested will be obtained Assimilate into 1 Hotel South Beach Culture Standards through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of our Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
particular requirements of the company.
• Attempts to communicate with guest in guest's native language.
• Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
• Summons team members to escort guests to/from their rooms as appropriate.
• Operates various office machines.
• Operate facsimile to send and receive transmissions for guests. Notify guests of receipts using computer system.
• Call for repair and technical support of all computer based PBX equipment.
Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours; Frequent – 3-6 Hours; Constant – 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, standing Occasional
Lifting and carrying Occasional up to 20 pounds.
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Assimilate into 1 Hotel South Beach Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the cultural standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflict.
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ability to read, speak, and listen to comprehend the English language in order to communicate effectively to employees, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
One to two years of prior guest service experience is preferred. Prior luxury hospitality experience, and previous PBX experience preferred. Ability to speak multiple languages is desirable.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture such as eliminating waste in printing by using e-communication and ensuring the procurement of environmentally friendly office supplies."