Supports the day-to-day execution of accounts payable and utilization of our procurement systems, including support to internal and external customers as they work with and understand these processes. Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas
of accounts payable balancing, payment and vendor reconciliations, ledger reconciliation, and reporting and discrepancy resolution.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure invoices are matched with the correct purchase orders
• Monitor open purchase orders and follow up with vendors and department heads as needed
• Work with the purchasing department to ensure purchase orders and products are coded to the correct general ledger accounts
• Audit Exec Checks, Petty Cash, and Adjustment reports daily, distribute to Guidance Team.
• Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Assist in the month end close process through journal entry preparations, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis and review
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates personal integrity.
• Uses effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates the leadership team, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well organized way.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
Reports to the Director of Finance of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• 2+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting in a hotel.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major.