||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Ensure the guest experience is seamless during the arrival and departure process and throughout the stay. Acquaints each guest with room and features.
• Completes VIP registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys.
Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for associate to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
• Work with Leader to ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for complimentary services provided by the resort, for the guest. Assists guest with check out payments or charges. Accepts and records vouchers,
credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
• Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, responds with appropriate action and provides accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events,
• Receives special requests from guests, and forwards requests to appropriate associates for decisions and actions. Establish food safety/sanitation standards in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Promptly answers the telephone and web inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and tells other associates of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items
• Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains
calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy resort activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by 1 Hotel South Beach from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the industry that we are in a need will occur for each associate to provide “Lateral Service”. Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing customer satisfaction and as a result there will be times when our associates in Operations will call upon us
for support in order to ensure customer satisfaction occurs.
When we are fortunate enough for this to occur, each associate will positively respond unless there is a chance that an opportunity resulting in dissatisfying a guest could occur. If this is the case the leader is to be notified and the level of support that
is being requested will be obtained Assimilate into 1 Hotel South Beach Culture Standards through understanding and supporting. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlighting sustainable amenities and design features while engaging with guests, recommending nature inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments
that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food."