||ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional
information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive
your passion for nature such as:
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel - our hotel was built in Brooklyn Bridge Park
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Financial security - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Career advancement, in-house training, education assistance.
Support the Director of Front Office in providing leadership, direction and motivation to the team members in the front of house, ensuring the successful execution of daily departmental operations and the ultimate guest arrival and departure experience. Responsible
for all front of house functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include guest services (bell/door attendants), front desk, concierge, and call center (Hive). Strives to continually improve guest and team member engagement and maximize the financial performance
of the department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise daily front of house shift operations and ensure compliance with all front of house policies, standards and procedures. Understand team member positions well enough to perform duties in team members’ absence.
• Schedule team members to business demands and track team member time and attendance.
• Manage staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Ensure team member recognition is taking place on all shifts and participate in all team member recognition programs. Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members.
• Solicit team member feedback, utilize an “open door” policy and review team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members and are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standard.
• Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction and strive to improve service performance.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Communicate the impact of the department’s operations on the property’s operational and financial goals and objectives and achieve or exceed budgeted goals. Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Review guest comments, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas for improvement. Respond to and handle guest opportunities and challenges.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative internal and external relationships and ensure direct reports do the same. Assist team in developing lasting relationships with guests to secure repeat business. Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Recruit and select talented team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Train department team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance. Empower
team members to deliver the ultimate guest experience. Observe team member service behaviors and provide ongoing feedback.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes guest and team member engagement and attracts top talent.
Reports to the Director of Front Office of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. Has oversight for all leaders and team members in the Guest Services (Bell/Door Attendants), Front Desk, Concierge, and Call Center (Hive) departments.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 2 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Detailed hotel Front Office operating knowledge; demonstrated strong leadership and strategic planning skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in hotel Front Office financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Front Office operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel brand; specifically in Front Office operations.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.