This position is focused on guest service and requires genuine care for ensuring the Spartan Gym facility is impeccable and that the membership and clients are completed taken care of. The guest is to be made feel welcome and comfortable at all times. Housekeeping
functions consume approximately 65% of the attendants’ day, along with the ability to service and help several guests at one time. Attendants are primarily responsible for providing a clean, safe and helpful workout environment. Additionally, Attendants will
be responsible for assisting Front Desk Coordinators if necessary.
Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities. Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlight sustainabile amenities and design features while engaging with guests, recommending nature
inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure a safe workout environment though circulation of the floor
• Keep the gym floor clean and make sure all weight safe and in their proper place
• Make sure the obstacles and stretching areas are clean and equipment is all put in away when not in use
• Clean equipment according to the assigned area
• Enforce all gym rules
• Clean and organize locker room including wiping down counters and wet floors, replenishing products and towels.
• Removing trash and taking dirty towels to holding area.
• Folding towels and ensuring they are property displayed and stored.
• Main Gym Floor
o Put away weights
o Clean equipment
o Take away dirty towels
o Replenish Clean Towels
o Ensure wipes are stocked in the dispenser
• Locker Rooms
o Make sure the locker room is impeccable at all times
o Take away dirty and replenish clean towels
o Clean toilets / showers every 2 hours
o Clean and wipe down sink 1/hour
o Replenish products and supplies (toilet paper, toiletries)
o Ensure hairdryer / flatiron is stowed
o Check all open lockers to make sure no one left valuables
o Sweep & mop classroom floors
o Clean mirrors
o Put away equipment
o Take away dirty and replenish clean towels
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlight sustainabile amenities and design features while engaging with guests, recommending nature inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments
that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food. "