||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Support the Director of Food & Beverage in providing strategic leadership and direction to ensure the Food & Beverage division drives guest and team member engagement, achieves operational and financial excellence and upholds brand standards. The Assistant
Director is responsible for supporting the Director in overseeing and directing the overall Front of the House operations for the Restaurants, Lobby Bar, Pool areas, and In Room Dining. Responsibilities include but are not limited to hospitality, staff management,
development and training, and financial performance; the Assistant Director will be directly & indirectly responsible for all aspects of the service and beverage programs, ensuring that they are executed at the required standards. Above all must actively embody,
inspire and teach the 1 Hotel South Beach culture to all employees.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Director of Food & Beverage in developing and communicating a division strategy that is aligned with the property and brand and lead in its execution.
• Establish goals to optimize performance and hold the division leadership team accountable for desired outcomes.
• Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Identify the developmental needs of others and provide opportunities for growth and development to maximize talent.
• Develop the divisional budget and monitor financial performance to ensure goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Recruit and select talented leaders and team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent.
Reports to the Director of Food & Beverage 1 Hotel South Beach.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 4 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior banquets experience in a quality luxury hotel brand.
• Detailed Food and Beverage knowledge, specifically in banquets; demonstrated strong leadership and strategic planning skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Prior Restaurant and/or In-Room Dining experience in a quality luxury hotel or restaurant brand.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."