||1 Hotel Central Park
Engage with guests to create a welcoming atmosphere by taking orders, preparing and serving alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and the full restaurant menu to guests, courteously and efficiently according to restaurant standards. Remember guest names, preferences
and create innovative and invigorating drinks. Previous experience required, including food service (preferred). Excellent communication and guest service skills a must.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. Additional
information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us - Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive
your passion for nature such as:
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Financial security - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Career advancement, in-house training and education assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Highest standard of beverage product and bar sanitation storage, and handling procedures.
• Beverage quality and portion control standards.
• Fresh ingredient, mixology and beverage presentation and service standards.
• Follows labor schedule and work assignments.
• Knowledge of all daily events, times and locations
• Thorough conversational knowledge of hotel history and statistics.
• Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
• Stocks bar with supplies: cocktail napkins, stirrers, etc.
• Arranges bottles and glasses to specification.
• Freshly slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
• Takes order from restaurant servers.
• Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Specific knowledge of house wines and beer selections.
• Serve wine and bottled beer.
• Strict adherence to uniform and grooming standards.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency
and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary and guest information.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
||QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous related guest service experience dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
• Fluent in oral and written English and excellent overall communication skills..
• Ability to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
• Highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
• 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to effectively cope with change, handle risk and uncertainty comfortably, ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice while being composed under pressure. Doesn’t show frustration when dealing with upset guests or team members.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
||Send This Job to a Friend