||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Directly reports to Restaurant & Bar Manager and Beverage Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• One year certificate from technical bartender school;
• 3 years technical bartending experience;
• 2 years Hotel experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of wines to include:
• Certificate of Completion of wine training seminar or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Clear, fluent conversational English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ration and percent to draw and interpret bars graphs.
• Demonstrated proficiency with guest service and Point of Sale Systems.
• Cash handling etiquette, registering transactions, bank procedures – balancing, due backs and auditing
• Primary quality detailed service ethic.
• Strong interpersonal staff and guest relations.
• Team minded approach to fellow workers.
• Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
• The noise level in the work environment is often high (Live Music).
Due to nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel
Ability to cross train in various departments for overall understanding of the operations and provide ultimate guest experience.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."