||You will be working at our beautiful South Beach location at our Roof Top restaurant at 1 Hotel.
Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices. Build and maintain a sustainability culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as sustainable menu
options, responsible procurement of food and beverage programs. We require at least 2 years experience in a 5 STAR environment.
Supports the Restaurant Manager in Providing leadership and direction to drive guest and team member engagement, achieve operational and financial excellence and uphold brand standards. The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for oversight of the Roof
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise daily restaurant shift operations and ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures. Understand team member positions well enough to perform duties in team members’ absence.
• Assist team members on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
• Provide excellent customer service to all team members and respond quickly and proactively to team member concerns.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action. Respond quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns and take ownership of guest complaints/problems until they are resolved or addressed.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting team members to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Meet with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on food & beverage quality, service and overall satisfaction.
• Schedule team members to business demands and track team member time and attendance.
• Manage staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
• Ensure team member recognition is taking place on all shifts and participate in all team member recognition programs. Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members.
• Solicit team member feedback, utilize an “open door” policy and review team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members and are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standard.
• Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction and strive to improve service performance.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Communicate the impact of the department’s operations on the property’s operational and financial goals and objectives and achieve or exceed budgeted goals. Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Review guest comments, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas for improvement. Respond to and handle guest opportunities and challenges.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative internal and external relationships and ensure direct reports do the same. Assist team in developing lasting relationships with guests to secure repeat business. Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Recruit and select talented team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Train department team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance. Empower
team members to deliver the ultimate guest experience. Observe team member service behaviors and provide ongoing feedback.
• Create a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement. Identify the developmental needs of others and provide opportunities for growth and development to maximize talent.
• Oversee the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payment of invoices and payroll.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent. Ensure the environment of the department emphasizes motivation, empowerment, team work, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service. Encourage
and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
Reports to the Restaurant Manager of 1 Hotel South Beach in the Roof Top space.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 1 year of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Detailed Food and Beverage knowledge; demonstrated strong leadership and strategic planning skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
• Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel or restaurant brand; specifically in Restaurants and/or In-Room Dining.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance