||Attendant - Turndown
||1 Hotel South Beach
||About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive
properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a
simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in
a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was
built using sustainable harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Work effectively as part of the Housekeeping service team to provide efficient and courteous service. Primarily responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring the guest’s room is clean, attractive and welcoming at all times; provide extra touches to our guest’s
rooms; offer ice and other amenities such as extra towels and pillows, turn-down the bed, freshen-up/clean the room, and draw the curtains closed to create an evening ambiance.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Educational reimbursement
We are dedicated to…..
Maintaining and encouraging a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
Building and maintaining a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."
• Previous related guest service experience dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
• Passion for cleanliness and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate and comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and answer basic guest requests and to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels of guests and team members.
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Excellent time management skills and can work in a fast-paced environment.
• An extremely honest person with a high level of integrity.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Should possess and display high levels of energy since the job demands that you clean a varying number of rooms a day depending on business needs.
• Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
• Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Ability to regularly lift, carry, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally, 30 pounds frequently and 25 pounds constantly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively cope with change, handle risk and uncertainty comfortably, ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice while being composed under pressure. Doesn’t show frustration when dealing with upset guests or team members.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Genuinely cares about people, demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
• High School diploma or equivalent level of experience.
||Send This Job to a Friend