This position is responsible for coordinating, applying and controlling engineering procedures and discipline to the manufacturing processes and methods of production.
Specific duties include:
- Communicates with Research & Development and Production concerning product design and tooling to assure efficient production methods.
- Recommend improvements and modifications of new or existing equipment, processes, and products.
- Plan, propose and implement location of new production operations and equipment and relocation of existing operations and equipment.
- Implement, improve and monitor, set up procedures, operating procedures and troubleshooting analysis for all production equipment
- Prepare department Quality Systems Procedures and Quality Work Instructions.
- Participate with Maintenance, Production and Engineering to establish preventative maintenance, repair procedures and spare parts requirements on all equipment and monitor results.
- Lay out a program to improve production by monitoring equipment performance and uptime, methods analysis, and recommending tools and fixtures.
- Participate in preparing budgets and proposals for capital equipment, additions, replacements and improvements, Return on Investment Calculation (ROIC) studies.
- Act as technical liaison among Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance and suppliers.
- Develop, write and install instruction manuals or records to control any of the above.
- Analyze problems, write up work orders, supervise work being done and after completion, check that work has been done properly.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Reports to leadership on manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other opportunities to facilitate decision making.
- Determines space requirements for various functions and plans or improves production methods, flow and tools or equipment.
- Prevents defects and possible defects in workmanship.
- Act as ombudsman for process customer complaints in assigned areas.
To qualify you must have the following:
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 2-4 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Knowledge of physics, mathematics, chemistry, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics.
- Knowledge of packaging and plastics technology preferred.
- Knowledge of processes utilizing custom automatic equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic control circuits.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- PC keyboard familiarity for manufacturing standards and bills of materials and Autocad.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
||Send This Job to a Friend