This position plans the purchasing of raw materials, machinery, tools, supplies and maintains the raw material inventory required to support forecasted sales. Also plans production of finished products as required.
- Responsible for sourcing non-commodity and global materials.
- Purchases raw materials and components for finished products using approved material requirements planning system and maintains accurate system information such as open purchase quantities, delivery dates, lead times, inventory levels, etc.
- Responsible for facilitating purchase of MRO and equipment per specification.
- Responsible for reducing the total cost of obtaining materials. Documents cost saving opportunities in support of departmental goals.
- Facilitates identification and evaluation of potential suppliers including reviewing bid proposals from vendors and entering into contracts within budgeting limitations. Manages ongoing relationship with vendors including ensuring conformance to regulatory
requirements, CGMP, and quality requirements.
- Serves in an advising capacity to assist other departments in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms and costs.
- Monitors requisitions of materials from stores to assure that parts are available when required.
- Participates in non-conforming material investigations and dispositioning, facilitating corrective action with vendors including returns to and appropriate credits.
- Works with technical group to begin sourcing for new products by obtaining new information or samples. Supports the quote process for new business and communicates raw material specifications provided by Manufacturing Engineering to suppliers; serves as
liaison to these groups.
- Coordinates activities for Technical Buyer/Planner.
- Fully trained as Planning/Production Coordinator to act as alternate in production planning process.
To qualify you must have the following:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Science.
- 5-7 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with materials planning system
- Negotiation ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Multisorb Technologies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected
characteristic. Multisorb Technologies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 716-824-8900.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend