Akcea Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing drugs to treat patients with serious rare diseases. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we must drive clinical
program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics. Akcea has a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced
Akcea was established by Ionis Pharmaceuticals in late 2014 and was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in July 2017 under the symbol “AKCA.” Akcea is a global company headquartered in Cambridge, MA with offices in Carlsbad, CA and across the EU and Canada.
SENIOR BRAND DIRECTOR
The Sr. Brand Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic and operational plan for a world class drug launch. They will work collaboratively with key markets and regional colleagues to generate, evaluate, and execute clear,
concise and actionable launch readiness and post-launch plans. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of innovative science, defining and executing innovative and patient-centric solutions to deliver a transformational ASO therapeutic to patients
with a serious rare disease.
This position is based in our Carlsbad office.
- Serve as a key member of the commercialization team and contribute new ideas and approaches to help build cutting-edge commercial platforms
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the product and the treatment landscape
- Drives execution of go-to-market launch strategy
- Fosters strong partnerships with medical affairs, market access, sales, legal, regulatory and other functions to ensure aligned objectives and implementation of brand strategies
- Creates innovative content for HCP education platforms, including peer-to-peer. Drives creation of US HCP-facing print materials for field use in collaboration with our strategic brand agency
- Leads the development and execution of the Brand Operational Plan and supports the delivery and implementation of the core business planning activities including marketing communications and congress presence
- Understands key market trends and competitive environment to drive proactive strategies to maximize brand potential
- Ensures timely and efficient review of promotional materials and complies fully with all legal, regulatory, ethical and company guidelines
- Manage external agencies to ensure excellent execution of marketing programs aligned with brand strategic imperatives
- Supports the monitoring and proposals of improvement plans and initiatives for global brand performance by evaluating resources allocation to ensure maximum return on investment
- Ensures launch readiness aligned deliverables
- Other projects or activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in scientific or business discipline
- 7+ years of strong marketing and sales background in a pharmaceutical market; rare disease experience preferred
- Experience in leading and motivating agency partners to deliver high impact marketing initiatives
- In-line brand marketing experience
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers
- Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing strategies
- Thorough understanding of the brand development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Effective cross-functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Strong leadership attributes to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues
- Understanding of the R&D process and importance of integrating commercial and development strategy and plans
- Knowledge of diagnostics and the personalized healthcare environment
- Ability in thriving in ambiguity, with an entrepreneurial mind-set with a track record of exploring new ways of working, driving new opportunities and catalyzing others to build creative solutions
- Scientific mind-set
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to generate exceptional results by driving performance and collaborating across boundaries
- Innovates and develops an environment of continuous improvement and simplification
- Significant levels of ambition and motivation
- Enterprise mindset and focus; strong process skills and ability to effectively work in a matrixed organization with cross-functional teams
- Resourceful, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization
- Sound judgment, high integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Effective stakeholder and relationship management experience; able to interact and build trusted relationships with multiple levels
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.akceatx.com, to apply for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.