Akcea Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing drugs to treat patients with serious rare diseases. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we must drive clinical
program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics. Akcea has a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced
Akcea was established by Ionis Pharmaceuticals in late 2014 and was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in July 2017 under the symbol “AKCA.” Akcea is a global company headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Carlsbad, CA and across the EU and Canada.
The Financial Analyst will assist the Commercial Finance Director on the planning, forecasting and reconciliation of financials for designated therapeutic area programs.
- Consolidate monthly forecast submissions and prepare reporting to senior management
- Assist in the review and management of purchase order requisitions and change orders, vendor payments and outstanding commitments related to the designated
- Identify opportunities for automation/innovation and assist in solutions implementation
- Fosters an environment of problem solving, efficiency, pro-activity, and improved business practices
- Prepare financial analysis in support of ad hoc requests and projects
- Involves Director of FP&A in areas of complexity, risk mitigation and strategic importance
- Prepares analyses, commentary, and presentations that ensure strategic messages are effectively and appropriately communicated to members of management and other constituents, as needed
- Provides proactive recommendations to enhance financial performance
- Provides support for other projects as needed
- Drives the multi-year financial planning process for assigned areas, including development of PowerPoint communications
- Supports continuous improvement of financial tools, business modeling, financial planning, and processes that can scale with the company's growth
- BS/BA in a Finance with at 1-3 years of experience in analysis
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills necessary
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with various levels of personnel
- Comfort working in gray zone vs. black and white and the ability to make timely decisions without necessarily having all information
- Due to the ever-changing business environment with rapid evolution of commercialization structures heightens the need for proactive thinking, communication, and decision-making
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced Excel skills needed to manipulate raw data and provide meaningful analysis (Vlookup, Pivot tables, IF statements, macros)
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.akceatx.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.