Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
In September of 2017 Akcea formally established an entity in France, Akcea Therapeutics France, SAS.
Medical Director- France/BeNeLux
Brief Position Summary:Serving as the field extension of our Global Medical Affairs group and reporting initially to the VP, Global Medical Affairs, then subsequently to the country GM, the Field Medical Director (FMD) will serve as Akcea’s field-based clinical
and medical expert responsible for appropriately engaging in scientific exchange and gaining insights in support of Akcea Pharmaceuticals’ products, research areas, and disease states of interest.
The MD will develop and maintain long-term, credible, peer-to-peer professional relationships with both medical experts in the fields of lipidology and other medical disciplines related to the management of patients with targeted diseases (e.g. FCS, FPL)
as well as clinical study investigators.Through scientific exchange, the FMD will communicate and advance the scientific platform aligned with the overall medical communications and medical affairs strategies.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Identify and forge professional peer-to-peer relationships with National, Regional, and Local key opinion leaders
- Align and execute field activities in support of Medical Affairs Strategic plan
- Identify and communicate research gaps, opportunities, and relevant field intelligence to inform medical strategy
- Accelerate recruitment efforts and enhance subject retention at targeted clinical trial sites
- Leverage expertise to enhance and broaden knowledge among field medical team colleagues
- Attend medical/scientific meetings to represent Akcea’s Medical Affairs with KOLs and other HCPs, strengthen individual expertise as well as capture, integrate, and summarize information of strategic interest
- Appropriately facilitate submission of Medical Education grants and Investigator-Initiated Research
- Support cross-functional colleagues (e.g. commercial, clinical operations, clinical development), in appropriate activities
- Actively participate in relevant team meetings, organizational activities, and HQ-driven medical affairs and clinical research activities (e.g. advisory boards, publication planning, investigator meetings)
- Utilizing unique skills, assume lead responsibility for project work identified by Medical Affairs leadership and/or organizational priorities
- Local, regional and national travel up to 50%/75%
- MD, educated (full cycle) and licensed in France, registered with French Medical Doctor body
- ≥ 5 year experience in field-based medical role in pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Expertise and experience in Lipidology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology or other field related to Akcea’s products and disease states of interest
- Strong understanding of relevant policies guiding the Pharmaceutical Industry within assigned countries
- French native language
- Fluent in English and relevant country language
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website:
www.akceatx.com Reference # 17-0030
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.