Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators, payers, health care providers and patients to ensure the therapies reach and help those in need.
Established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a robust portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense
therapeutics. In the third quarter of 2017, we plan to file for marketing authorization for volanesorsen to treat patients with FCS and are seeking talented professionals to support our efforts.
Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR)
The Director of HEOR will play a critical and significant role in the growth of Akcea as an organization and in the successful commercialization of volanesorsen. She or he will work at a global level to lead the development of HEOR to support optimal market
access for volanesorsen in Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome (FCS) immediately and subsequently Familial Partial Lipodystrophy (FPL). In addition, he/she will support the development and submission of in-country Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Pricing
& Reimbursement (P&R) submissions, with an initial focus on the EU.
- Develop global HEOR strategy including an analysis of currently available data and a plan to mitigate identified gaps
- Develop HEOR engagement strategies specific to payers and stakeholders in the US, Canada and Europe
- Manage relationships with external consultants to ensure timely completion of high quality projects aligned to strategic objectives
- Design, implement, and manage HEOR projects, including but not limited to:
- retrospective database analyses
- heath economic models
- budget impact models
- chart reviews
- real world evidence
- literature searches and systematic reviews
- Support development and maintenance of global value dossier
- Identify appropriate data sources to support the projects described above
- Conduct economic analyses and/or conduct detailed reviews of existing analyses.
- Work with KOLs to implement HEOR
- Communicate study plans, study methods and results to internal teams
- Present health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on HEOR projects.
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams.
- Remain current on HEOR data sources and analytical methods.
- Work with clinical development teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints for products in development.
- Work closely with European commercial colleague and external consultants to develop strategies specific to European payers and stakeholders.
- Lead consultancy support in the development of in-country HTA and P&R dossiers.
- Identify appropriate European data sources.
- Expertise in Health Economics / Outcomes Research
- Experience with HEOR strategy and implementation in US, Canada and Europe
- Understanding market access and how HEOR evidence supports access decisions
- In-country and above-country experience within a pharmaceutical company or consultancy
- Rare disease, orphan or Ultra-orphan product experience highly desirable
- Life sciences degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of health economic modelling
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas
- Solid understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics
- Minimum bachelor degree in a scientific or technical area
- Preferred to have advanced degree related to health economics and/or outcomes research
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Ideally Cambridge (US) based
- Travel required up to 30%
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.akceatx.com, for more information about Akcea and to apply for this position.
Reference Requisition #16-0065
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc and Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are proud to be an EEO employer.