||Director, Market Access & Reimbursement, West
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense
therapeutics. In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
National Account Manager
The Akcea Therapeutics National Account Manager is responsible for serving as a company liaison and primary point of contact with targeted commercial (private) payers, PBMs, government payers (Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DoD, etc.), Specialty Pharmacy Providers
(SPP), and other payers or trade / distribution partners as needed. The National Account Manager will play a significant role in facilitating US payer opportunities to position Akcea’s portfolio, specifically volanesorsen, to ensure patient access and develop
decision maker relationships with assigned customer accounts. The National Account Manager will provide internal education regarding coverage of Akcea’s products, and will partner with Akcea Medical Affairs and Field Sales on the identification of physician,
and/or societal payer advocates.
- Payer account (government & commercial) profiling, business plan creation, and strategic execution with top payer / customer accounts.
- Support the formulation of a clear and compelling disease and product value proposition through the creation of payer engagement (AMCP Dossier, Value and Economic Prop.), and provider / patient reimbursement support tools.
- Responsible for eliminating and/or significantly reducing barriers to patient access and reimbursement for volanesorsen across all payer segments.
- Comprehensive SPP & SD channel support, including: contracting, vendor management, tools creation and sales training / pull-through.
- Collaborate with Akcea Medical Affairs on the delivery of approved value proposition presentation, clinical proofs, tools and models within assigned customer accounts.
- Identify and develop Patient Advocacy Groups, Physician Key Advocate Leaders (KALs), and Societal advocates to support patient access to volanesorsen.
- Cross-functional support the volanesorsen Case Management and Reimbursement Specialist patient support teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the broader organization, including payer coverage updates, healthcare reform landscape trends and pull-through initiatives
- Work with Akcea analytics team to map and report on updates in payer coverage, SPP distribution and patient out-of-pocket information.
Ensure that all activities and interactions are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards, and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with Akcea values.
The Akcea National Account Manager will report to the Senior Director of Market Access & Reimbursement, and needs to collaborate effectively with all internal departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; sciences or business preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall industry experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals (i.e. market access and reimbursement, sales, sales management, marketing, training, or sales operations)
- 5 years of market access and reimbursement experience
- Experience with rare/orphan drugs is required. Therapeutic area experience is a plus.
- Specialty Pharmacy contracting and/or management experience is preferred
- Proven relationships and track record of successful negotiations with major commercial payers, Medicaid, Medicare, PBMs, and IDNs
- Product launch experience is required
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate about patients and building a new commercial organization
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.akceatx.com, to apply for this position. Reference Requisition #18-0083
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
||Send This Job to a Friend