Akcea Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing drugs to treat patients with serious rare diseases. Our priority is to bring important
new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics. Akcea has a portfolio of
development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
Akcea was established by Ionis Pharmaceuticals in late 2014 and was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in July 2017 under the symbol “AKCA.” Akcea is a global company headquartered
in Cambridge, MA with offices in Carlsbad, CA and across the EU and Canada.
We are seeking an individual with exceptional administrative experience to provide support to our Medical Affairs team. Strengths should include proven administrative experience
with extensive calendar management, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, effective utilization of time and resources, problem solving and the ability to set priorities and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. The successful
candidate will provide the highest degree of confidentiality with excellent follow up and attention to detail.
• Maintain department calendars, i.e. scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences & webinars
• Provide general administrative support, including: copying, filing, telephone coverage, data entry, correspondence, document compilation and management
• Update and maintain contacts
• Meet with outside agency biweekly to coordinate congress meeting logistics
• Generating and managing Contracts and Sharepoint
• Attend and take minutes at weekly medical team meetings
• Organize files and documents
• Coordinate and setup department meetings ensuring distribution of key materials
• Arrange and coordinate events as needed
• Manage all aspects of travel (domestic & international), preparing expense reports in timely manner
• Contribute to the broader team by supporting individuals in various ways as requested
• Provide back up support to administrative staff as needed
• Additional duties as assigned
• At least 3-5 year’s administrative experience
• Demonstrated professionalism and experience interacting daily with executives both internally and externally
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Requires strong MS Office skills including but not limited to Outlook (heavy calendar experience required), Word, Excel and OneNote; experience with Concur a plus
• Knowledge of Sharepoint would be desirable
• Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic under the pressure of deadlines
• Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-solver with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to take direction from multiple supervisors and prioritize assignments to meet all deadlines
• Able to work standard work schedule (8am-5pm) Monday-Friday with flexibility to work overtime as required
• Strong oral and written communication
• Prior biotech/pharmaceutical experience a plus
• Proven ability of being productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.akceatx.com, to apply for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.