||Director, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
To help accomplish our goals, we take a disciplined, compliant and transparent approach to our external communications, and lead with the best interest of patients in mind. As we prepare to emerge as a commercial-stage company in 2018, we are expanding our
Communications and IR function to support our challenging and exciting path forward.
Director, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
The Director, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations will play a critical and significant role in shaping and sharing the story of Akcea to various stakeholders. Working closely with and reporting to the Head of Communications and Investor Relations,
she or he will lead the development of external communications, including content on pipeline and therapeutic areas of focus, financial performance and strategy. Importantly, the Director, Corporate Communications and IR will help to share Akcea’s progress
emerging as a commercial-stage company, while we anticipate and prepare for our first global launches in 2018. This is a front-line leadership role which will require the Director, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations to engage daily with Akcea’s
leadership team, as well as external stakeholders including investors, media, physicians and the patient community.
- Assist in the design and implementation of strategic communications plans that support both specific corporate milestones and overall strategy for Akcea.
- Act as company representative and spokesperson with key constituents, including investors and shareholders, media, patient advocacy organizations and other members of our community.
- Oversee the Corporate PR agency and other select vendors, monitor overall focus and spend, and ensure alignment with partners in the Marketing and Patient Advocacy functions.
- Draft key message documents, press releases, and internal communications as needed.
- Lead the development of corporate communication materials on behalf of Akcea, including brochures, presentations, Web content, key message documents and FAQs.
- Manage the review process of external corporate materials.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with important internal stakeholders, including Legal, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Patient Advocacy, particularly in the planning and execution of Akcea’s product launch strategy.
- Participate in quarterly earnings preparation meetings, help to prepare periodic SEC disclosures, financial filings and presentations to investors, attend investor meetings on occasion.
- Schedule investor conferences, non-deal roadshows and analyst/investor meetings, and maintain relationships and consistent dialogue with buy-side and sell-side community.
- Strong communications expertise, including written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and simplify complex information for research analysts and investors.
- Experience planning and implementing Investor Events, such as R&D Days.
- Comprehensive understanding of the biotech industry, drug development and commercialization.
- Appreciation and commitment to supporting a patient-focused culture and mission.
- Ability to work independently across multiple functions and geographies, while managing several diverse assignments.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of communications and IR experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience within rare diseases preferred
- Demonstrated product launch experience
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Bachelor degree (communications, finance or science preferred) Required
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Travel required up to 25% (mostly domestic travel)
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.akceatx.com Reference # 18-0079
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.
||Send This Job to a Friend