Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense
therapeutics. In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
Senior Manager, Field Operations
The Senior Manager of Field Operations will report to the Executive Director, Global Commercial Effectiveness to support the commercialization and growth of Akcea’s pipeline rare and innovative products. This role will provide input into long-range vision
and strategy as well as ensure best in class commercial capabilities and operational essentials to enable field force effectiveness. The Senior Manager of Field Operations will partner with external and internal matrix stakeholders to continually improve processes,
identify new and compliant field force effectiveness approaches, execute brand strategy / tactics and drive sales performance. This job is based in Cambridge, MA.
The Senior Manager of Field Operations will be responsible for driving and measuring field force performance, as well as providing subject matter expertise and insights with a primary focus on process design/implementation, commercial systems governance,
customer targeting, territory alignment, incentive compensation, and data governance. Additionally, the Senior Manager of Field Operations will play key role in collaboration with commercial leadership, brand partner’s teams, marketing team, IT teams, to attain
common objectives and to support data-driven business strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Global Commercial Effectiveness team and ensure activities are aligned with Commercial objectives and are regionally/globally consistent
- Serve as key liaison between Field teams and Home Office on all Field Operations related issues and champions compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies
- Work with the Data Management team, Analytics & Reporting, and third-party vendors to ensure the reporting and data requirements of the sales organization are met and proactively look to improve data collection, aggregation and dissemination.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve business process mapping and oversee global commercial data governance and data Total Quality Management (TQM) of the global commercial systems
- Develop training, communication and support plans that influence adoption of the global commercial systems and field efficiency tools
- Oversee US and Global Educational Council Program execution and reporting
- Support projects for field force sizing, alignments, deployment, targeting, incentive compensation, and call planning.
- Responsible for working with the Analytics team to define, develop, and evaluate KPIs for field activity and delivery and distribution of weekly, monthly, quarterly operational reports & dashboards, as well as the development and implementation of new business
reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis
- Work closely with the all operational leaders in the communication and implementation of sales incentive programs
- Serves as the point of contact for commercial compliance/transparency reporting, coordinating with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate data is available for reporting purposes
- Manage the progress of multiple strategic projects and prioritize with respect to timelines while meeting project milestones
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals operations function or commercial capabilities,
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interface with both internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Able to lead, manage, and deliver multiple projects and priorities
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 25%)
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical sales data and systems (CRM, Veeva, Salesforce, etc)
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IMS and Symphony data and Specialty pharmacy data. Knowledge of medical/retail claims data a plus
- Results oriented, self-organized and self-starter, proven track record of results
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and decisive environment.
- Extensive experience managing third-party providers.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website:
www.akceatx.com Reference #18-0017
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer