Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
Senior Manager, Global Medical Affairs Operations
Reporting into the Vice President, Global Medical Affairs (VP, GMA), the Sr. Manager, Global Medical Affairs Operations will have responsibility for managing all aspects of medical affairs operations, including budget management,
monthly medical affairs analytics and reporting, program management, contract management, and various other operational tasks as assigned by the medical affairs leadership team.
The Sr. Manager, Global Medical Affairs Operations is a diverse role, evolving in responsibilities based on changing business needs and medical affairs priorities.Job responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Managing project and activities led by the VP, GMA including monthly medical affairs reporting, contracting and vendor engagement, database analytics, Early access program tracking/reporting, and others
- Effectively manage overall medical affairs budget, including facilitation of roll up from medical communications and field medical functions
- Ensure preparedness of VP, GMA for key events through data preparation and analysis, and professional-level slide creation
- Manage and maintain highly user-friendly Global Medical Affairs sharepoint site
- Lead operational execution of Medical Materials Review Committee
- Identify workflows and processes that would enable efficiency and effectiveness in department
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry- Strong preference for Medical Affairs experience
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to assess and address challenges in project timeline adherence
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience working with customer relationship management platform preferred
- Highly proficient in MS office, including PowerPoint, word, and project, or similar PM software
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Considerable flexibility and ability to prioritize and shift priorities as business dictates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website:
www.akceatx.com Reference #17-0136
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.