||Senior Director, Human Resources - US & Canada
Akcea Therapeutics is a development and commercialization company focused on helping patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our priority is to bring transformative medicines to patients by driving clinical program execution, understanding patient
and physician needs, preparing the market, creating market access, and commercializing our products on a global basis. We are driven by the knowledge that patients depend on us.
We are looking for an exceptional HR leader to provide business partner support to the U.S. and Canada in a high performance, fast paced culture. Ideal candidates will have strong HR consulting skills, business acumen and a passion for building talent and
organizational capability. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this individual will be a credible, influential leader skilled at building relationships with internal stakeholders and championing company culture and values. Must be willing
to roll up your sleeves, solve problems and get things done while valuing collaboration, transparency, creativity and doing the right thing. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in the growth and development of the HR function in a truly
- Serve as a key leader on the HR team, provide leadership from a business and HR perspective through passion for strategic thinking to inform the HR strategy, shape our culture, engage our employees and drive organizational results.
- Advise business leaders and functional teams on strategic and operational execution, including team effectiveness, change management, organizational design, performance management, retention, engagement, talent planning and more.
- Determine root causes to issues and recommend appropriate plans to optimize talent, structure and culture.
- Establish trust and credibility with leaders as a valuable sounding board on organizational and talent issues. Recommend and design organizational changes to optimize organization and talent.
- Consult with managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation including designing and creating solutions to specific compensation related problems/needs.
- Interpret and implement HR policies and procedures for managers, teams and employees.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ability to build high levels of trust with all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational development skills, ability to influence and implement change, and manage projects to successful and seamless completion.
- Experience leading workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management and succession planning processes
- Highly articulate, energetic, and dynamic leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, integrity, emotional intelligence, and confidence.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting. Ability to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and communicate effectively with individuals at every level of the company. Ability to deliver difficult messages effectively.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately manage relationships in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Effective team player and collaborator across HR and the company.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, intense but highly rewarding small- company environment.
- Travel- approximately 25%
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.akceatx.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression,
national origin, disability or veteran status.
||Send This Job to a Friend