Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense
therapeutics. In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
Senior Analyst, Global Commercial Analytics & Insight
The Senior Analyst of Global Commercial Analytics & Insights will provide timely and accurate decision support and predictive analytics to the Commercial organization. She/he will be responsible for leading a cross-functional effort including Finance, Marketing,
Sales and Country Managers with a mission of supporting strategic and tactical decision making, planning, forecasting, information management, sales effectiveness, resource allocation and performance monitoring. The position will oversee and guide advanced
analytics, providing analytical expertise and delivering business insights to the Commercial organization utilizing primary and secondary data and leveraging quantitative and qualitative analytical approaches. The position will provide the organization
with performance against defined metrics through standardized report delivery.
- Responsible for providing up to date and accurate business forecasting to all levels of the organization, leading a cross functional effort between Commercial and Finance to development in-line product forecasting models and long range strategic plans.
- Work directly with senior leadership to build and manage standardized reporting and insights communications channels such as the quarterly business review process for the global commercial organization.
- Own all aspects of sales force effectiveness analyses, working with global sales leadership to optimize territory size and structure, refine customer segmentation and targeting, develop incentive plans to drive desired behaviors, and provide follow up assessments
as part of a change management process.
- Implement analytical solutions with global marketing and country managers in support of business opportunity and risk assessment, promotion response, return on investment analytics, and patient flow modeling.
- Present key findings to relevant stakeholders and elevate findings of critical strategic significance to executive management though standardized reporting and adHoc analyses.
- Responsible for timely communication of business performance to the commercial organization by working with executive management and other commercial groups to identify key performance indicators and critical decision-support metrics and developing a standardized
- Maintain awareness of 'best practices' in quantitative and advanced data analytics techniques
- Identify secondary data providers and facilitate data purchases with other members of the commercial organization.
- Pharmaceutical/life sciences experience preferred
- Strong quantitative data analytics and forecast modeling experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate unstructured business challenges into an analytical framework
- Ability to apply statistical modeling and data mining techniques on a wide variety of data sets
- Practical experience in primary and secondary market research data experience
- Solid background of a variety of forms of research / analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant industry data sources
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working cross functionally
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to lead and drive change in a global international environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative subject preferred
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website:
www.akceatx.com Reference #18-0019
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer