||Associate Director, Marketing Operations
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense
therapeutics. In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
Associate Director, Marketing Operations
The Associate Director of Marketing Operations will report to the Executive Director of Global Commercial Effectiveness to support the commercialization and growth of Akcea’s pipeline rare and innovative products. This role will provide input into long-range
vision and strategy as well as ensure best in class commercial capabilities and operational essentials to enable launch excellence. The Associate Director of Marketing Operations will partner with external and internal matrix stakeholders to continually improve
digital marketing strategies, customer lead generation and promotional review processes. This job is to be based in Cambridge, MA.
The Associate Director of Marketing Operations strategically partners with Marketing, Field Operations and Field Sales to understand and achieve their market challenges and business goals and collaborate with Regulatory, Medical, Legal to develop and implement
process improvements to ensure objectives are met.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Innovate new approaches to drive customer leads through creative multi-channel marketing strategies
- Lead the Marketing Operations activities and manage communications with other functional areas including digital marketing, educational council program management, promotional review process management, and print/fulfillment operations.
- Champion compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies for US and Global Promotional Review Committee (PRC)
- Develop and maintain global marketing operational platforms, systems, and process to ensure cost-effective, and efficient controls are in place for review, approval, and fulfillment of all promotional materials
- Provide oversight of all processes and systems related to Congress planning
- Support Educational Council function with program tracking, analytical reporting, contracts management, field program targeting analyses, and content revisions
- Plan and track digital and multichannel marketing programs execution & system management (DAM, CRM, External)
- Manage the progress of multiple strategic projects and prioritize with respect to timelines while meeting project milestones
- Develop and manage metrics to continually improve performance
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Marketing/Commercial /Regulatory operations function, program management, or consulting especially with experience in Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Proven project management skills including timeline and budget management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, plan execution and performance management
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharmaceutical industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interface with both internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Able to lead, manage, and deliver multiple projects and priorities
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 25%)
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical sales data and systems (CRM, Veeva, Salesforce, etc)
- Results oriented, self-organized and self-starter, proven track record of results
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and decisive environment.
- Extensive experience managing third-party providers.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website:
www.akceatx.com Reference #18-0018
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer
||Send This Job to a Friend