Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with rare and serious diseases. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.” In July 2018, we received our first drug approval in Europe and are in the process of multiple geography approvals
for two rare disease drugs this year. Akcea is now preparing for commercialization in US, Europe and Canada.
Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff at Akcea Therapeutics will provide strategic and operational support to the CEO and the executive team to ensure successful business planning and implementation of key initiatives. S/he will partner with the CEO to assist in developing
ongoing priorities, overseeing timelines for milestone achievement, ensuring a sound business strategy. Further, the Chief of staff will support the prioritization and management of critical issues to ensure attention and focus of the executive team; ease
decision making by striving to provide full information at point of decision and by serving as a reliable, trusted and fair channel for all stakeholders; and ensure alignment and timeline support for the overall business strategy.
- Build strong relationships with the Executive Team and various stakeholders to enhance execution and delivery on a variety of business priorities.
- Lead the development of materials for the Board of Directors by working with the CEO and executive team and potentially interface with members of the Board of Directors on a variety of items.
- Critically assess opportunities and risks to ensure well informed decisions. Digest and disseminate complex business issues with understanding and efficiency; formulating recommendations and action plans which identify opportunities to improve and enhance
- Facilitate leadership team meetings and business reviews to ensure effective utilization of time, quality decision making and focus on the most important topics. This includes preparation of pre-reads and various presentations, in addition to ensuring follow-up
actions are documented and people are held accountable for those action items.
- Help identify and resolve barriers to effective decision making at the executive team level, ensuring the team functions as a high performing leadership team.
- Promote key initiatives and identify various engagement opportunities while partnering with support functions to drive these key initiatives.
- Create Key Performance Indicators for the business, tracking and monitoring the progress against those KPIs.
- Advanced degree preferred: MS, MBA, JD, or PhD, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in or serving the life sciences industry which may include management/strategy consulting and private equity
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- A professional person who can be trusted with highly confidential information.
- Someone who is able to influence others to drive sound decision making.
- A person who is resilient and highly adaptable to regularly shifting priorities and challenges.
- A “hands-on” individual who understands the need for involvement at all levels of activity within a growing and dynamic company environment.
- Experience managing large or complex projects and comfort with ambiguity.
- A person with a strategic mindset balanced with an action-oriented attitude with outstanding focus on execution.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to get involved in ad hoc projects with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills. An inclusive individual who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Someone who is positive, respectful and encouraging to colleagues with strong organizational agility.
- Someone who sets the highest standards for integrity and quality.
- A highly disciplined individual who is excellent at consistently executing key deliverables.
- Driven by Akcea’s patient-centric mission to improve the lives of patients living with serious diseases.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Akcea and to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.akceatx.com Reference # 18-0163
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.