Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have two approved drugs,
a robust pipeline of over 20 drugs in various stages of clinical trials, and multiple ongoing partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. This strategy provides us with significant financial strength through a continuing stream of revenue
from upfront license fees and milestone payments.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, NEUROSCIENCE DRUG DISCOVERY
We are seeking a highly qualified individual with relevant experience for a position in our neuroscience drug discovery group who shares the passion of our core principles and culture. Our neuroscience group is working to apply Ionis’ technology to diseases
of the central nervous system. We currently have active projects in many neurodegenerative diseases with high unmet medical need. The candidate will become an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists in the Ionis neuroscience group.
- Developing and implementing biological and biochemical assays to support identification and validation of gene regulatory mechanisms for therapeutic targeting
- Initiating and executing neuroscience drug discovery projects at all stages, including new target identification, preclinical target validation, and drug lead identification for clinical development
- Ph.D. in neuroscience or a closely related discipline
- >4 years of experience in neuroscience research with a proven track record of accomplishments, including publications in top tier scientific journals
- Experience and expertise in modern laboratory techniques. Specific experience in the following areas would be especially desirable: primary neuronal cell culture, electrophysiology, microscopy, genomic approaches such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, CLIP-seq, and
transgenic and knockout animals
- Preferred direct experience in animal models of neurological disorders, including behavioral and molecular phenotype characterization
- Experience with small animal surgeries
- Have strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with teams and partners
- Have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- Research experience in neurodegenerative disease
- Outstanding communication and team skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take risks
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
To apply for this position please visit our website at
www.ionispharm.com Reference Requisition #17-0017
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – PRINCIPALS ONLY
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.