Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1300 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 27 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Research Associate – Pharmaceutical Development
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Pharmaceutical Development team to work collaboratively in the areas of physicochemical characterization, formulation development, and drug delivery.
- Develop and apply analytical and physical methods (e.g., viscosity, osmolality, density, turbidity, particle size distribution, calorimetric behavior, force testing related to injectability, fluorescence spectroscopy, etc.) for the physicochemical characterization
of antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs)
- Using such methods and molecular modeling software, design and conduct experiments to study intermolecular interactions in aqueous solutions of ASOs without and with other constituents
- Develop ASO formulations relevant to various dosage forms and routes of administration: e.g., parenteral, oral, inhalation, transdermal
- Conduct analytical testing to evaluate the compatibility of such formulations with excipients, primary packaging, and dosing materials, including delivery devices
- Work collaboratively with outside resources (e.g., contract labs, academic labs) on a portion of the above work
- As they arise, troubleshoot issues related to ASO drug product manufacturing, stability, or delivery
- As needed, directly assist with ASO drug product manufacturing and associated documentation
- Summarize findings in reports and periodic oral presentations
- The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS or MS degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field
- 2-4 years industry experience is preferred
- Energetic, positive, self-motivated, hands-on professional with strong work ethic, able to work well both independently and in a matrixed team environment
- Able to perform and think analytically and creatively to solve problems
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, listening – manifested as a style that is clear, concise, and persuasive
- Able to maintain productivity and effectiveness in an intense, data driven, interrogative environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #16-0012
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.