Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Our Finance team is looking for a detail oriented Accounts Payable Specialist with excellent communication skills to perform accounts payable tasks and provide general accounting assistance to the finance department. In this role, the Accounts Payable Specialist
will manage a high volume of daily accounts payable transactions and will be responsible for many general accounting tasks. The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, build collaborative relationships, and easily shift
between daily transaction processing, monthly tasks, and special projects.
- Manage high volume of accounts payable invoices and ensure that invoices are processed accurately and timely
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment and/or invoice issues
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, including reconciling vendor statements
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs
- Monitor accounts payable transaction processes in an automated system and suggest process improvements
- Perform general accounting support tasks, such as maintaining accounting transaction logs, researching transactions, and completing reconciliations
- Assist with month end close activities and special accounting projects
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years directly relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, management, and external customers
- Team-player able to organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in using Great Plains, Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Experience with cloud based AP automation tool a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 18-0154
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.