Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs.
We have created a drug discovery platform based on our antisense technology that enables us to create advanced, novel drugs to treat complex and challenging diseases, including cardiovascular, metabolic, and severe and rare/neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets and backgrounds into this creative environment to be part
of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
We are looking for a motivated and creative scientist to join our medicinal chemistry group. Candidate will be highly skilled in synthetic organic chemistry and work at the interface of synthetic chemistry and oligonucleotide drug technology and discovery.
The candidate will work independently, but also interface with a team of chemists, biochemists, receptor-biologists and pharmacologists to help discover the next generation of oligonucleotide-based medicines.
- Possess a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
- Possess 0-5 years post-doctoral experience in academia or industry
- A track record of scientific excellence and productivity as evidenced by high quality publications
- Demonstrated expertise to plan and execute multi-step synthesis of complex molecules
- Experienced in modern chromatographic and analytical techniques like TLC, column chromatography, HPLC and NMR to purify and characterize organic compounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Hands-on laboratory based effort will be expected
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Isis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharm.com. Reference Requisition #17-0094
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.