Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR - CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be a key member of the team to ensure Executives’ demanding schedules, conflicting priorities, and communication are managed effectively. The candidate will organize and streamline
operations to ensure optimal effectiveness. The position will offer the ability to work closely with an experienced and tightknit biotech team.
- Assist COO with daily schedule and duties, to include managing business and personal calendars, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas, meeting materials and reporting expenses etc.)
- Manage projects and conduct research to support projects and/or provide background for executive decision-making
- Arrange meetings and conference calls including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas, meeting materials etc.
- Manage and treat highly confidential information professionally and in accordance with expectation of executives
- Anticipate executive’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues
- Follow abstract/presentation deadlines and conference dates to make sure executives are aware of upcoming events/deadlines
- Leading role in the preparation of presentations and publications/related business & scientific material from scratch
- Maintain paper and online records and follow procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal
- Maintain positive relationships with external administrative partners
- Receive and interact with visitors
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Back up coverage of reception as needed
- Ability to work standard business hours (7am-4pm PST or 8am-5pm PST) with availability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience supporting senior executives in an interrogative environment
- A tenacious yet flexible problem-solver with an ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
- Effectively manages up, as well as laterally and lower in the organization
- Critical thinker who operates independently while demonstrating good judgment, an ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Consistently delivers a high quantity of high quality work
- Resilient, open and adaptable to change; embraces feedback
- Team player who fosters collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage activities and schedules of multiple executives with little or no supervision and maintain strict confidentiality
- Well versed in modern virtual meeting platforms/technology with extensive experience in setting up and executing on-demand teleconference and web-conference meetings
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through to ensure outstanding execution
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills exhibiting patience, respect and grace under pressure
- Shares information openly with co-workers and cross functional teams (transparent)
- Displays a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technically savvy and familiarity with marketing and social media is a plus
- Biotech experience preferred, yet not required
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0137
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.