Senior Manager, Global Medical Communications
The Senior Manager, Global Medical Communications, Inotersen
will help shape and execute Medical Affairs global medical communication strategic objectives for the Inotersen/ hATTR franchise. Through alignment, they will be responsible for the planning and the execution of all grant related activities including development
of SOPs, chairing grant meetings, design and execution of an online grant application process and interface with key medical societies, leveraging existing medical communication tools and software. Additionally, with head of Global Medical Communications
– Inotersen, this key team player will manage publication processes including submission timelines and internal reporting as related to strategic planning.
As part of the global medical communications team, this person will work closely with the Executive Director of Global Medical Communications, Inotersen, to coordinate advisory boards, oversee various medical conference activities, coordinate medical material
review committee. As part of execution of Company strategy, they will work closely with Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, and Commercial functions. This position resides within Medical Affairs and will report to the Executive Director of Global
Medical Communications, Inotersen.
The Senior Manager will be engaged across a variety of global medical communication functions with both leadership and project support roles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, communicate, and execute the development of an integrated medical grant plan, including:
- development of webpage for online grant submission
- development of granting priorities and strategy
- write and secure approval for SOPS
- lead and execute grant committee reporting of all activities, leveraging our existing infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of global publications plans. Assume responsibility for the maintenance of these plans.
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Operations in the management of publication plan timelines and budgets.
- Plan and execute global medical communications programs that support medical aspects of commercialization strategy.
- Provide administrative oversight for medical materials review and approval of communication materials and medical materials in compliance with corporate standards and government/industry regulations.
- Foster the establishment and maintenance of key external society relations through gaining knowledge on their insights and development of scientific/clinical engagement plans for key disease areas.
- Represent the Company at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders in conjunction with cross functional colleagues.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of national medical advisory boards to gain insights for key disease areas.
- Participate in long-range planning; develop and manage project plans, assess resource needs, and develop and implement processes and standards.
- Oversee global medical communication budget.
- Other projects or activities as assigned.
- At least one year of grant administration experience
- At least two years of overall pharma/biotech industry experience, preferably within medical affairs
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills with experience managing multiple priorities; attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining professional relationships with medical societies
- Proven ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- BS/BA degree required, advanced degree in medical/scientific area strongly preferred
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.