||Market Access Director, US Trade & Pricing Analytics
Market Access Director, US Trade & Pricing Analytics
The Market Access Director, US Trade & Pricing Analytics will serve as a company liaison and day to day point of contact with our network of Specialty Pharmacy Providers (SPPs), and will be responsible for facilitating and managing our Government Price reporting
/ calculations. Additionally, the position will play a significant role in facilitating participation in various Government programs and will be integral to supporting key business decisions across the organization. The Director, Trade & Pricing Analytics
will report to the Senior Director of Market Access & Reimbursement, and needs to collaborate effectively with all internal departments.
Essential functions will include engagement and alignment with key internal company stakeholders and external vendors, with an emphasis on ensuring seamless patient access to product. The Director will partner directly with the Patient Services team on
coordination and pull through of patient referrals and product distribution, with the objective of adding to the provider / patient brand experience.
It is critical that the Director have past commercial and distribution experience, and can drive innovative initiatives around US Market Access strategy, process, programs, and potential payer customer engagement models.
- Patient Services and SPP network liaison for patient referral pull-through and access challenges
- Partner with Data and Supply Chain teams to ensure appropriate management of SPP inventory, manage orders and returns, and design ongoing reports for continuous tracking
- Ensure readiness for participation in all Government Programs (Medicaid Rebate, FSS, PHS, VA Pricing program), and support and monitor the efficient administration of Medicare Part D Coverage Gap payments
- Vendor management on ongoing Government price calculations (Medicaid Rebate Program, Statutory State Price Reporting, Contractual State Pharmaceutical Assistance and Supplemental Programs / Reporting, PHS 340B, VA/DoD), contract maintenance, and documentation.
- Ensure the timely implementation of new Government program policies or changes in calculation methodology with program vendor
- Partner with third party Government Price Reporting vendor to support the Finance department in developing and maintaining a Gross to Net Forecasting model
- Support the identification and creation of defensible, performance driven, quality / outcomes or risked based product / portfolio contract, or rebate opportunities
- Provide proactive and reactive analytics and insights to the business that helps improve forecasting, contracting decisions, pricing decisions, timing and general business planning
- Support the evolution and identification of needed distribution model and network partner changes based on existing and future product / patient, market, and/or regulatory and legislative needs.
- Conduct / support vendor quarterly / annual business reviews
- Provide subject matter expertise to the broader organization around distribution of products, services and price reporting obligations. This includes assisting field sales / sales leadership with patient access intelligence, trends and pull-through initiatives
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards, and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with Company values
- Other projects and activites as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; sciences or business preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of overall industry experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals preferred, with rare / orphan disease drugs, and product launch experience as a plus
- 5 – 8 years of progressive Market Access Trade (i.e. SPP, SD), and/or Supply Chain (3PL) distribution responsibility, with either direct or supporting responsibility around Government Pricing / reporting, regulations, analytics and insights
- Proven understanding of key revenue recognition reports that are garnered from the supply chain (SPP, SD, 3PL) and key data integration partners.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with working knowledge of government pricing practices (calculations methodologies, healthcare programs, and supporting regulations), and trade systems and processes.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment, implement creative solutions to complex problems, and ability to function in a project leadership role
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships, including direct collaboration with vendors and other third parties
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with great attention to detail
- Passionate about patients and building a new commercial organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.
||Send This Job to a Friend