Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1600 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 25 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
This position will perform all functions related to the corrective/preventative maintenance of all Buildings and Facilities. Additionally, he/she will perform a variety of tasks including trouble shooting and repairing of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and
mechanical equipment. General maintenance to be performed on the following: chillers, walk-in coolers/freezers, heat pumps, exhaust fans, fan coils, hot water and steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, high purity water systems. Knowledge of welding,
soft solder, silver brazing, metal and plastic fabrication, and building controls. This position is a full time, non-supervisory, position requiring overtime and the ability and willingness to respond to emergency calls. No relocation provided.
Successful candidate will:
- Perform preventive maintenance on pumps, motors, fans, air handlers
- Think independently and troubleshoot a variety of equipment problems
- Complete technical documentation for work
- Work with specialized outside vendors
- Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and work from OEM manuals
- Walk, climb, carry and lift a minimum of 50 pounds; may have to crawl to complete assignments
- Work on ALL systems as needed, to include facilities and manufacturing systems
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- 3 to 5 years Facilities experience or equivalent in trade
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and respond to emergency calls
- Valid California driver license
- Good mechanical skills are a must
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Isis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionisph.com Reference Requisition #17-0104
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer